We are looking for someone passionate about legal stuff and who is prepared to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We need someone to oversee the legal aspects of our business and be the legal touchpoint with our legal teams in different countries. You will reinforce our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines, prepare legal documents and coordinate legal advice to management about all relevant issues. You will have the opportunity to touch multiple areas of a product team, and its legal concerns, like business, product, people, etc… working closely with the different team.
By joining this team, you will get to know people with different backgrounds and experiences, that will help you grow and also learn from you.
Importante note: We have offices in Braga, Porto, and Lisbon, although we are remote first. Bear in mind that during the first period (at least 2 months) you'll have to be working on our HQ - in Braga. We will provide you accommodation and pay your travel expenses.
- You have >3 years of experience in the financial services industry, with a focus on business and compliance or a risk-related function;
- You have experience with at least 3 of the following: Bank officer, Financial regulation/law, Compliance applied to payments/transactions, Contract analysis, Company Governance, GDPR, Client Risk management, Risk factor analysis; Governance and Internal control mechanisms;
- You have the ability to apply your in-depth knowledge of business processes and procedures, governmental and regulatory guidance, and expertise in compliance methodologies - in particular with solid knowledge in Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) regulation;
- You feel comfortable researching and evaluating different regulations (both EU and non-EU), transposing the findings into practical recommendations to be implemented, specifically: transactional risk factors impacting business decisions and operations;
- You feel comfortable in communicating complex or difficult concepts and negotiating and influencing the team to adopt different points of view;
- Ability to navigate and manage high risk situations and escalations in the context of the financial industry;
- Ability to coordinate and manage communication flow with multiple legal teams across borders (specifically EU, Swiss and US), as well as current and future AML Officers/Data Deputies;
- You are able to provide and accept constructive feedback and in doing so, contribute to a positive and inclusive team environment;
- Full proficiency in English is mandatory, another language a plus (German is a strong plus)
- Maintaining current knowledge of alterations in legislation (EU, Swiss, US) is your biggest hobby;
- Specific knowledge of digital payments (traditional fintech/e-money) is a strong plus, with practical experience in the field considered a very strong plus;
- Specific knowledge of digital currencies fundamentals is a strong plus, with practical experience in the field considered a very strong plus;
- International experience is a plus, with past experience in a regulatory body considered a strong plus;