About the Full-stack Developer (Front-end focus) Position
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Developer with a Front-end focus that shares our passion for technology, who’s prepared to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment and wants to help us shape the future of crypto payments.
By joining this team, you’ll get to know people with different backgrounds and experiences, that will help you grow and also learn from you. As a team we are building a platform to detect and register payments in several blockchains, stretching from a payment widget interface integrated in merchants websites and in a Point of Sale devices, a dashboard for merchants payments, and a full fledge crypto payments wallet.
If you code as a Ninja, but you’re also a specialist when it comes to design-focused development, then you might as well be the person we’re looking for.
This position is for working on-site or remote.
- You have been working with the required skills for a couple years (don't trick us in saying that you have 10 years experience in elixir!), and you also have experience in leading the architecture definition of products and teams
- You enjoy web development more than you enjoy your morning coffee;
- Our front-end is a mix of EEx views and React, which communicate with the web layer via Ajax and Web Sockets. We’re very opinionated concerning the way we organize the front-end, and specifically for CSS, we follow the SUIT CSS styling methodology for component-based UI development. Does this ring a bell to you?
- Our web layer uses the Phoenix framework, particularly we’re using the channels functionality extensively. However, due to the way we’re architecting the system using CQRS and DDD principles, the web layer ends up not handling any business logic, and therefore is not that complex
- You want to help in the decision making. Our platform is still in its early stages, so a lot of the technical decisions are still in the making, and you could be a part of that. The platform is currently being built as an Elixir Umbrella App, using a CQRS/Event Sourcing approach. There are not a lot of companies using this combo in production as far as we know, but we truly believe it’s a great combination and a fun codebase to work on
- Security must be an always a concern. We practice and follow security and privacy by design
- A respect for and admiration of the culture, process, and craft of web development, as well as an understanding of the user experience
These are the main requirements, however, we also value:
- This is a great position for people that are developing in Ruby or other OO languages and want to make the jump. You are most welcomed!
- We don't expect you to be familiar with every piece of technology we use, but instead to have a willingness to learn and work with the elements of our stack.
- As we scale the team, we also look for people already with experience in leading the architecture definition of products and teams.
Sounds like you? Great!
If you see yourself fit in the requirements, this role could be a great match, so we look forward to receiving your application!
Also, did you know we have a store? You can now test our payment widget. What are you waiting for to apply?