About the UX Designer position
UTRUST is looking for a UX Designer! We need a person who will help us make UTRUST products and software so seamless for our customers that they cannot imagine their life before.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with a cross-functional team to develop UTRUST payment product.
This position is for working on-site or remote (our only concern is to have the best onboard).
The UX Designer responsibilities include conducting user research, gathering user requirements, developing research, user testing and create wireframes. You will be collaborating with product managers and engineers in a multidisciplinary team to shape UTRUST payment platform regarding features and experience.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us to create both functional and appealing features that address our customers expectations and change the way they see a payment system.
Who we are?
- You'll be joining a small but growing team of people who believe in building a great product for our customers and have the skills to make it happen.
- We relish hard problems, both concerning business, design, and development. And we truly enjoy coming up with solutions to make everyone happy, from the customers, who depend on our product, to our team, as our work depends on each other. The fact that we’re very into the “80-20” mindset makes this even more interesting, as time to execute will also play a big factor into the solutions we find.
- We are curious people, and with some much responsibility our customers put in our hands, we look to every detail and make sure we find every way things can break or fail.
- A big part of our culture is learning. We cannot emphasize too much how important this is to us. We need always to be learning, and what we learn we have to be able to convey to others be it via email or in person. Thus, being a good communicator (which is different from being an extrovert) is an essential attribute for us.
- If you are a person with strong opinions, weakly held, who wants to have a big impact and both an avid learner and teacher you’ll do great here.
- Proven work experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects, preferably with case studies that demonstrate the process behind the results
- Proficiency in Sketch or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
If you are passionate about building products and working with bright and highly productive teams, this role could be a great match.
- Competitive Salary plus Lunch Allowance
- Free Health insurance. Paid Parental leave. Paid Vacations
We have remote in our Company Culture, so working on-site is an addon, but all have access to:
- We believe in a future without borders, so we have remote ready culture. Our headquarters are in Braga, a beautiful city in the north of Portugal, but we have the entire World as our office.
- Office place (e.g., UTRUST offices, cowork space) plus Budget to equipment, wherever you work from (Computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse and your kind of desk)
- Company retreats
- Budget for personal fitness/wellbeing (we care that you are in good health)
- Budget to organize local Meetups (each of us are a UTRUST ambassador)
- Budget to attend relevant conferences (all in UTRUST sell and build the product, so knowledge and network are our main assets)
Note: all applications will be kept confidential and only shared within the hiring team.